The hardness of silica and quartz stone is relatively high, so when choosing silica and quartz stone processing equipment, we must pay attention to the hardness of the material that the equipment can target. Silica and quartz stone processing equipment includes: crushers (jaw crushers, impact crushers), sand making machines (third-generation sand making machines, impact sand making machines), pulverizers (high-pressure mills, thunder Mongolian pulverizer, superfine pulverizer), dryer (drum dryer, three-pass dryer), auxiliary equipment: vibrating feeder, belt conveyor, hoist, packing machine.
First of all, both silica and quartzite are minerals rich in SiO2 (silicon dioxide), and both are minerals that exist widely in nature. Often people can’t understand the difference between silica and quartz. The following Red Star Machine will give you a detailed introduction: those with a silica content of 98.5% or more are called quartz stones; those with a silica content of 98.5% or less, we call them It is silica.
The market price of quartz ore is about 300 yuan to 1,000 yuan per ton, which is mainly determined by the purity of silica. The higher the silica content, the higher the price per ton. The higher the content of silica in quartz, the more crystalline. The content of silica in quartz should be tested at a professional mineral testing station.
Both silicon compound crusher stone and quartz stone can be used to produce infrastructure sand and gravel for construction, roads, railways, and decoration; at the same time, both silica and quartz stone can be used to grind into silicon powder and quartz powder, and its value Just higher. Ore powder has a very wide range of uses, such as: quartz countertops, ordinary artificial stone countertops, artificial stone, quartz glass, quartz clocks, ceramics, refractory materials, refractory bricks, abrasive materials (sandpaper), silica gel, metal silicon, communication optical fibers, coatings and many more.
Because of the difference in the content of silicon dioxide in silica and quartz, their different "values" are determined. The hardness of quartz stone is slightly higher than that of silica hard cement equipment. The mineral content varies from place to place, so the hardness is also slightly different. However, the Mohs hardness of silica and quartz stone is about 7 grades, the difference is less than 0.5 grades. Why are quartz stones so versatile?
1. The high hardness and high hardness of quartz stone make its castings not easy to be scratched, and not easy to produce scratches or damage.
2. The high melting point of quartz stone, the melting point of quartz is 1750℃; therefore, the finished product has very high fire resistance and high temperature resistance.
3. The chemical properties of quartz stone are not active, and it is resistant to acid, alkali and corrosion, and can be widely used.
4. The high-purity quartz stone itself is crystal transparent and can be used as glassware.
5. The surface of the quartz stone is smooth, environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-polluting, and without any radiation.
silestone quartz countertops